The Biosphere submitted a comprehensive response to Crib Point Gas Terminal Environmental Effects Statement. While it was clear that AGl and APA had done a lot of work to show that they thought the project viable , the Biosphere considers, for the many, many reasons set out in our response, that we do not.
Here are just some of the issues in which the EES appears to be deficient are:
• evaluation of the Crib Point site against alternative sites
• effects of removal of biota from the food chains and food webs of Western Port
• risks to ecological communities and threatened and listed species, including plants, fish and birds
• impacts of disturbance of coastal acid sulfate soils
• consideration of climate change impacts with regard to infrastructure, and
• managing negative impacts on local communities and public safety.
To Read our full submission, please click the link below: