The agreement was signed by Mornington Peninsula Shire Council, City of Casey and Frankston City Council, local schools, community groups, Landcare, the Vegetable Growers Association, Inghams Chickens, Melbourne Water and Parks Victoria. It has built a solid foundation of trust and strong partnerships with market gardeners and landholders within the catchment.
We, the undersigned, agree to and understand the following:
- That Watson Creek, which flows into Yaringa Marine National Park, needs active assistance to improve its quality and condition
- That the poor condition of Watson Creek is due to human impact
We resolve to:
- Work together in a collaborative and co-operative way to achieve improved water quality for Watson Creek
- Refrain from passing blame or full responsibility onto any one source of pollution – we all contribute and must bear responsibility for our actions
- Acknowledge and allow for each other’s differing view points and motivations, without letting small differences become big obstacles
- Share our different knowledge, experience, skills and insight
- Implement measures to improve the water quality of Watson Creek that also have beneficial outcomes for the wider community, businesses and Yaringa Marine National Park.